Temat: erms of the contract were not discl

VANCOUVER - Carl Robinson impressed in his first season as head coach of the Vancouver Whitecaps, but hes ready for more in 2015 and beyond.Robinson and his coaching staff signed multi-year contract extensions with the Vancouver Whitecaps on Sunday, with the Wales international saying that although he was pleased with his first season as a manager, he wants to lead the team to even greater heights.Ill be even more determined to work even harder next year because I think we can get even better than we were last year, said Robinson.Thats saying something, as Robinson led Vancouver to arguably its best-ever season in 2014.Under his guidance the Whitecaps reached the MLS Cup playoffs and hit the 50 point-mark — the club’s highest-ever point total in Major League Soccer and the most ever by a Canadian MLS club. The team also won the Cascadia Cup and qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League for the first time in club history.In just one year, Carl and his staff have done an exceptional job in establishing a foundation, bringing in quality players and people, and taking this team to the next level, said Whitecaps president Bob Lenarduzzi in a statement.They are all highly respected not only within our club, but also around the league and the soccer world. We are confident that their eye for talent, dedication and hard work will continue to yield positive results.Assistant coaches Martyn Pert and Gordon Forrest, and goalkeeper coach Marius Rovde also agreed to contract extensions with Vancouver. Robinson sees these deals as an opportunity to further push and challenge his players.Just because I end up signing a multi-year deal doesnt mean that my foot comes off the gas, said Robinson. Ill actually be putting more pressure on the players now because we put a foundation in place which I think was pretty successful. But I dont want to be pretty successful, I want to be very successful.The hard work starts now.The 38-year-old Robinson was named Whitecaps head coach December 2013 after two years as an assistant. Robinson began his coaching career as a player/assistant coach in his second and final season with New York Red Bulls. Robinson also played three seasons with Toronto FC, where he served as the co-captain from 2007 to 2009, and was twice named the clubs most valuable player.Robinson knows that although hes seen a lot of success in Vancouver, he and his staff must continue to evolve to keep the Whitecaps competitive.Im not naive enough to think that theres not areas I need to improve on, that me and my coaches need to get better on, because players expect that, said Robinson. That certainly will happen this year. Therell be more demands put on them.Well continue to have a learning environment, a constructive environment, for these players to progress as well. ... Its important we grow together.The terms of the deals were not disclosed, as per club policy.When asked if the contract takes Robinson through his three-year plan or his five-year plan — an attempt by a reporter to find out the length of the deals — the Whitecaps manager laughed and said Itll take me past the next year, Ill give you that. Kareem Martin Giants Jersey .K. Subban has picked the right time of the year to go on an offensive tear. Riley Dixon Giants Jersey . The Spanish champions decision not to sign a defender during the January transfer window may have backfired after Valencia took advantage of a lethargic, uninspired effort by its hosts at the Camp Nou, where former Spain coach Luis Aragones -- who previously coached the Catalan side -- was honoured after his death on Saturday. http://www.nygiantsproshop.com/authenti … rsey.html. Two weeks after suffering a concussion, Foles will start in place of Michael Vick, who is out for the second time this season with a hamstring injury. Saquon Barkley Jersey . Terms of the contract were not disclosed by the club. Clemons spent his first five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins, who selected him in the fifth round of the 2009 draft out of Clemson. Cody Latimer Giants Jersey . Jeff Carter had two goals and an assist as the Kings stretched their streak to seven wins in a row with a 4-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday.CARSON, Calif. -- Keith Thurman had an unenviable act to follow when Lucas Matthysse and John Molina Jr. put on a bloody 11-round slugfest right before he stepped in the same ring with Julio Diaz. Although Thurman couldnt match Matthysses pyrotechnics, the rising welterweight still managed a big finish. Thurman remained unbeaten Saturday night, stopping Diaz after three rounds when Diazs corner threw in the towel due to an injured rib. Thurman (23-0, 21 KOs), nicknamed "One-Time" for his one-punch knockout power, retained his WBA interim welterweight title. He floored Diaz in the second round before delivering the body shot that led Diaz to quit on his stool on a chilly night before the usual energized crowd at the outdoor ring south of Los Angeles. Although he had a short night, Thurman still demonstrated his formidable skill and power in his seventh fight in less than two years. "Hes a warrior, but he just couldnt take the punishment," Thurman said about Diaz. "No one knows the power of One-Time until they step in the ring with One-Time. We did the work in the gym. How did you think I was able to look this good?" A left to the temple dropped Diaz, although he stayed on his unsteady feet for a moment before taking a knee and getting up to beat the count. Thurman remembered the punch that evidently injured Diazs rib, but thought Diaz (40-10-1) had partially blocked it. "We were able to put that pain and that hurt on him like were supposed to," Thurman said. The main event was an anticlimax after a tenacious performance by Matthysse (35-3, 33 KOs), who overcame two early knockdowns and stopped Molina early in the 11th round of the Argentine 140-pound stars dynamite return to the ring. Matthysse knocked down the bleeding Molina in each of the final three rounds, culminating in a decisive combination. Matthysse hadnt fought since injuring his eye and losing a decision to 140-pound champion Danny Garcia last September, but he was right back in destructive form. "It did take me a few rounds to get going, but I was able to take control of the fight," Matthysse said.dddddddddddd "The knockdowns threw me off a little, but I was able to get my punches in." That defeat interrupted the rapid rise of the hard-punching Argentine known as "The Machine," and he returned with what many expected to be a simple fight against Molina (27-4), a Los Angeles-area fighter who infamously got knocked out in the first round of a title shot in 2012. But Molina showed he was no pushover from the opening round, knocking back Matthysse with a big right hand. Another chopping right out of a clinch in the second round sent Matthysse to his knees on just his second career knockdown. Although Matthysse controlled long stretches of the bout with his jab and power, he went down again late in the fifth after winning much of the round, dropping to his knees on a punch to the top of his head. Matthysse immediately indicated the punch was illegal in the back of his head, but referee Pat Russell ruled it a knockdown. "I thought I was going to get him out of there early, but he got it together," Molina said. "Theres a reason hes the No. 1 guy in the division. I took his shot all the way through, and I didnt feel it until the end." Despite a cut near his left eye, Matthysse kept using his jab and power against Molina, who had a large cut on the left side of his head. Matthysse then knocked down Molina late in the eighth round with a left hand and a possible push before punishing him throughout the ninth. Matthysse dropped Molina again in the 10th round with a combination on the ropes. Molina crumpled into the corner on a relentless barrage of punches early in the 11th, and Matthysse leaped on the ropes to celebrate. Omar Figueroa Jr. (23-0-1) also retained his WBC lightweight title with a dull split-decision victory over Jerry Belmontes. U.S. Olympians Joseph Diaz Jr. and Terrell Gausha both remained unbeaten on the undercard. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '