Temat: ove its funding to Stenhouse next seaso

INDIANAPOLIS -- Carl Edwards 11-year run with Roush-Fenway Racing will end after this NASCAR season. Roush confirmed the decision Sunday, a move that had been long expected but could not be substantiated because Edwards refuses to publicly discuss contract negotiations. Hes believed to be headed to Joe Gibbs Racing in a new fourth car, but his contract with Roush does not permit him to announce his plans until September. Matt Kenseth was bound by the same clause when he left Roush at the end of 2012 and had to wait months to announce he was moving to Gibbs. Edwards, speaking two hours before the start of the Brickyard 400, said he has a completed deal with another team but is not ready to talk about it. He also tried to limit his time discussing his departure from Roush because the start of Sundays race was approaching. "Right now, the mission is to win this championship, this race," Edwards said. "This is my decision, its a decision I made and I didnt take it lightly. Sometimes you just want to make a change, and opportunities present themselves and you say, Hey, what was that like to not take that opportunity? " With a move to Gibbs, Edwards will be reunited at a Toyota team with Kenseth, whom he didnt always get along with when they were Roush teammates. Minutes before the race, team owner Joe Gibbs declined to discuss Edwards but said a fourth car at the organization is possible. Leaving Roush ends Edwards long association with Ford. The manufacturer stepped up heavily in contract negotiations four years ago to offer incentives to keep Edwards from leaving Roush for Gibbs. "Carl Edwards has been a part of the Ford family for a decade, and it will certainly be tough to see him leave Ford and Roush Fenway Racing," said Jamie Allison, director of Ford Racing. "While we are disappointed in his decision to leave Roush Fenway Racing, we certainly want to extend our appreciation for Carls contributions." Edwards has been with Roush since 2003 and in the No. 99 Ford in the Cup Series since 2004. He has 67 career victories in NASCARs three national series. Edwards results have not been anywhere close to what he had hoped after losing the 2011 championship on a tiebreaker to Tony Stewart. Edwards went winless in 2012, his first year of a new three-year contract extension with Roush, and missed the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. Although he won two races last season, he finished last in the 13-driver Chase field. His performance is much better this year and Edwards goes into Sundays race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway ranked sixth in the standings with two victories. He said he does not want his departure to interfere with winning the Chase. "If you look around, not in the NASCAR world, but all of sports, change sometimes is a good thing from a performance standpoint," Edwards said. "You guys know what Ive been through from a competitive standpoint. Ive been really close as a driver to some championships, and I know what one point, one race can do. So the last thing Im going to do, or (the team) is going to do is let next year and beyond affect the championship." Roush disclosed its three-driver 2015 lineup: Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will both return, and Trevor Bayne will move up from the Nationwide Series to a full-time Sprint Cup Series ride. "We have always prided ourselves in developing talent at Roush Fenway, and our 2015 lineup is a testament to the success of our organization in that respect," Jack Roush said. Biffle has been with Roush since 1998 and earned the organization its first NASCAR championship with the 2000 Truck Series crown. He added a Nationwide Series title in 2002. He has qualified for the Chase in five of the last six seasons and was a career-best second in 2005. "I dont have the words for what Jack Roush has meant to my career," Biffle said. "Our goal remains to run up front, win races and become the sports first triple crown winner by having a championship in all three series." Stenhouse, a two-time Nationwide Series champion, joined Roush Fenway in 2008. He replaced Kenseth in the No. 17 Ford when Kenseth left for Gibbs. Fastenal, one of the primary sponsors on Edwards car, will move its funding to Stenhouse next season to remain in the organization. Roush officials had previously announced that Bayne will be promoted from the Nationwide Series to a full-time Cup ride next year, with AdvoCare as his primary sponsor of the No. 6 Ford. Rollie Fingers Jersey . Fans holding laudatory signs started showing up at Yankee Stadium when the gates opened at 4 p.m. Monday, an hour early in order to give them a chance to watch the New York captain take batting practice. Johnny Manziel Jersey . 3 seed Phillip Kohlschreiber from Germany. Defending champion Marin Cilic also reached the semifinals -- his fourth in Zagreb -- defeating fellow Croat Ivan Dodig. German qualifier Bjorn Phau beat Dudi Sela of Israel to reach his first semifinals in nearly five years. http://www.authenticpadrespgear.com/pad … s-jersey/. In the last race before the Sochi Olympics, Bjoergen followed up her win in the 10-kilometre classical race on Saturday by beating World Cup sprint leader Denise Herrmann of Germany by 0.43 seconds for her fifth victory of the season. Rickey Henderson Jersey . The R&A announced Monday that golfs oldest championship will return to Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland for the first time since Max Faulkner won in 1951. Jered Weaver Jersey . The NFL announced Friday that the Texans sixth-year veteran offensive lineman will replace Philadelphia Eagles tackle Jason Peters in the Jan.DETROIT -- On the night he became the franchises career leader in total bases, Paul Konerko liked what he saw from some of the younger Chicago White Sox. Marcus Semiens seventh-inning grand slam lifted the White Sox over the Detroit Tigers 6-4 Wednesday night. It was the first career grand slam for the 23-year-old Semien, and it turned a two-run deficit into a two-run lead. "Everybody I think is buying into catering your at-bat to the situation," Konerko said. "I think everybodys really done a good job of ... having an awareness of where things are at in the game, the scoreboard, what the guys trying to do to me." Konerko had three hits for the White Sox, including an eighth-inning double that moved him past Frank Thomas atop the teams career total bases list. Jose Abreu hit another long home run for the White Sox, but it was Semiens slam that turned around the game. Detroit starter Drew Smyly allowed two runs in six innings, but Evan Reed (0-1) gave up two singles and a walk, and Ian Krol allowed the home run to Semien on a 3-1 pitch. "Kind of sitting dead red," Semien said. "He missed a couple up on me, and one of them I check swung, but that one was a little lower, and just got extended." Andre Rienzo (1-0) gave up four runs in the fourth inning, but kept the Tigers quiet otherwise in his first start this season. He allowed five hits and two walks in 6 1-3 innings, striking out three. Matt Lindstrom pitched the ninth for his third save, but it wasnt easy. He allowed a single, a walk and two deep flyouts before retiring Alex Avila on a line drive to first with runners on second and third. Austin Jackson homered for Detroit. With the Tigers ahead 4-2 in the seventh, Reed allowed a leadoff single to Konerko. Alejandro De Aza singled one out later, then Reed walked Tyler Flowers and was pulled. Krol retired Jordan Danks on a popup, but Semien followed with a drive to left that cleared the bases. "I threw a 3-1 fastball up in the zone, which is pretty much the exact pitch guys want to see on 3-1," Krol said. "I thhought about throwing a changeup, but I didnt want to walk him.dddddddddddd As it turned out, walking him would have been a much better move." Abreu opened the scoring in the first with a two-run shot, reaching the bushes beyond the wall in centre field at Comerica Park for the second time this series. Smyly was impressive after that; he would end up yielding six hits and a walk with seven strikeouts. Rienzo gave up the lead in the fourth, allowing a two-run single to J.D. Martinez and Jacksons two-run homer to left-centre. But the Tigers had only one more runner against Rienzo after the homer. The 25-year-old right-hander from Brazil had pitched only one inning this season, but Rienzo got the start Wednesday with Chicago starters Chris Sale and Felipe Paulino both injured. The 38-year-old Konerko raised his average to .217 with his big day at the plate, and he now leads the White Sox with 3,950 total bases, one more than Thomas. "Any time you hear franchise lead or something like that, thats cool," Konerko said. "It shows I got out there and played. Youve got to do well, but more than anything, you have to be out on the field to do it, so Ive always took pride in that." With one on in the ninth, Martinez came within a few feet of tying the game, but his drive off Lindstrom was caught in front of the wall in centre near the 420-foot marker. After a walk to Jackson, both runners moved up on Nick Castellanos flyout to deep right. Avila then swung at a 3-0 pitch, and his liner was caught by Abreu, who was guarding the line at first. NOTES: The White Sox optioned LHP Charlie Leesman to Triple-A Charlotte after the game. Second baseman Gordon Beckham (strained left oblique) is expected to return from his rehab Thursday. ... Abreus homer was his seventh this year. ... Danks made a diving catch in centre field in the second to retire Jackson. ... The Tigers will play a split doubleheader against Cleveland on July 19 to make up for an April 15 postponement in Detroit. ... Tigers RHP Max Scherzer (1-1) faces Chicago LHP Jose Quintana (1-0) in Thursdays series finale. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '